Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you…


Since I wrote the post “Prayers can be answered quickly”, I have been thinking a lot about this concept.  I have grown up knowing that He knows the every thought in my mind and every desire in my heart.  I grew up knowing that I was a daughter of my Heavenly Father.  I never questioned the divine linage.  I have defiantly learned over the years that I am completely loved and taken care of beyond my ability to recognize, and I have a unique relationship with Him because he knows me individually.  Yet somehow, even with my years of studying the scriptures, I have realized that I accepted a false belief that prayers were for expression of gratitude and asking for needs.  Since that experience, Matthew 7:11 has taken on a completely new meaning.

“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heave give good things to them that ask him?”

I really started thinking about the example of my own dad.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better father.  So much opportunity and blessing has come to Chris and I because of him.  And it has not all been things that I need.  He has provided hotels for us to have getaways, or airfare to take a much needed vacation.  He even took both of us to Wicked on Broadway just because he knows how much I love that music.  He loves to provide opportunities for all kinds of things in our life and if he does, than my Heavenly Father would too.  I will say this, my prayers have changed!
My dad and siblings 

Exactly fitting in with my last post about this topic and my own thoughts and prayers lately I was reading the news feed on Facebook, like I sometimes do, and one of my beautiful Christian friends (that I am seriously blessed to know)  had posted an amazing story.  As soon as I saw it, I asked her if it would be possible for me to share it on my blog.  I was a perfect example to me of this.  Thank you Tiffany!

"So I know most of you friends on facebook know that I love Jesus and have been a witness to my profession of faith. 
Well I have yet another testimony of how faithful God is and that Jesus knows every need, every thought and every desire of each one of us.  This is just one of many reasons why I am so in love with Jesus. 
It is always an ADVENTURE. 
For a few weeks now Travis and I have been agreeing in prayer that our wedding would be a sign and a wonder to all.  We have also been praying specifically that this wedding is God's will it is his bill.  We have been tested to GET OUT OF THE BOAT and walk on water.  We have been tested over and over with having to die our will and the way we want certain things of our wedding to go and letting God's will have the victory.  As we have prayed we have sen God sow up mightily!  We have literally, tangibly seen God pay the bill for our wedding!  i am not talking about Travis and I working getting a pay check and paying for our wedding, I am talking money coming from unknown sources, favor with mangers and with the venue (things that in the natural make no sense).  There is no other explanation but Jesus. 
Friday night Travis and I prayed together, thanking Jesus for seeing His fingerprint through out our courtship and now as we are planning to become one in Him, we also asked that the Favor of the Lord would rest upon us as we go to the Bridal Expo and that we still needed the provision for our honey moon and wedding bands, and if He chose to He would give us wedding bands and a honeymoon through the Expo. 
Saturday while I was at the Bridal Expo I entered almost every contest there was!  In the course of my 3 hour adventure there and countless entries the Holy Spirit spoke to me while filling out 2 specific entries.  One first entry (wedding band entry) He told me to write specifically Ephesians 3:17-21 (so that Chris may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than I can ask or imagine).  So I wrote that on the top of my entry.  Then one other one He told me to write Jesus picked me as the winner.  In faith I did what He told me to do!! 
I just got a phone call that I was selected as the winner of 2 different drawings from the Bridal Expo on Saturday.  I won $600 gift card for wedding bands and a 2 night 3 day stay at our choice of either Dominican Republic or Bahamas all inclusive resort!!! 
"Again, truly I tell you that if tow of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19 
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing." Psalm 34:10 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."  Hebrews 11:6 
I encourage you to be bold with your prayers and BELIEVE HIM FOR IT!!!!!!!!"

Isn't she AMAZING?  I'm so grateful for amazing people like her in my life that can teach me, even when they don't know they are doing it.  I'm excited that I can continue to practice my new found understanding that very possibly is not new to anyone else.  There is something very humbling and yet incredibly empowering about asking for the deepest desires of your heart and knowing that if it is right, a way will be opened for you to receive.  If it is not, then something better is coming your way.

Love,
Shanda



No comments:

Post a Comment